Please follow these care instructions for two weeks to ensure your tattoo heals properly:
1. Always keep your tattoo very clean. Wash your hands before handling your tattoo. Do not allow grease, dirt, dust, or other foreign particles to come in contact with your tattoo.
2. Remove bandage in 1 hour.
3. Wash gently with antibacterial soap and warm water. Pat dry with clean cloth or paper towel.
4. For the first 5 days, use AQUAPHOR Healing Ointment (available at many convenience stores and pharmacies), applying a thin coat 4-5 times daily keep it moist.
5. Do not let your tattoo get dry. Avoid tight clothes; allow your tattoo to breathe.
6. Do not soak your tattoo in bath or swimming pool (regular showers are okay). Keep your tattoo away from direct sunlight and tanning. Do not stretch or exercise. (Stretching or exercising can cause tattoo to tear).
7. Do not rebandage. Allow tattoo to get as much air as possible.
8. After the 5th day, you may switch to an unscented moisture cream or lotion.
9. Your tattoo may lightly scab, peel, and/or itch. This is normal as your tattoo is healing. It is important that you do not pick, scratch, or peel; your skin will naturally peel on its own.
10. After two weeks, visit our office for a follow-up with your artist.
For questions or concerns, you may call our office at (347) 915 - 1622.